Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

just what the doctor ordered

happy april! i cant believe that we are already into spring (even though mother nature refuses to think so!) and heading towards the end of the year!

this past weekend i was lucky enough to have 2 lovely visitors in americas dairlyland! toph and dinorah came to wisconsin on thursday and stayed until yesterday. it was so so so great! i have missed them so much and it was nice to be able to spend some time with my partners in crime :) we celebrated my community "birthday", (finally) got tattoos!, and went on a brewery tour...nothing too terribly exciting but it was exactly what i needed right about now.

i have been itching for spring break and REAL spring weather that will last for more than 48 hours. i will even admit that i have not necessarily looked forward to going to work as much lately. i still love what i do, but we havent had a break since christmas and IT IS TIME!! the kids need one too...trust me! 

i decided to take the bus to minneapolis for easter break to visit lizzy and erin, two other lasallian volunteers. i thought about going home, but airfare was a little pricey. my mom offered to help me pay for the tickets, but i am really trying to challenge myself to live within the stipend that i get while i am here. lizzy and erin both decided to stay in minneapolis for easter and i do want to visit all 50 states at some point in my life so i figured why not?! plus the round trip bus ride was only $30 which is most definitely within my budget! :)

not much else is new here. i am ready for the next 3 weeks after my little pick me up with my visitors. and i will be home soon! june 9th...mark your calendars people!

No comments:

Post a Comment